Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been used for thousands of years to provide holistic and natural health care to many maladies. Herbs are an essential part of TCM and are often used in concert with other therapies to increase the beneficial effects of each treatment. Here at Attunement Acupuncture, we help you find the right herb or combination of herbs to encourage the release of specific points of stagnation in your Qi and which most benefit your overall health needs.
Because we look at healing holistically, we are considering every portion of your recovery when creating a treatment. This may mean that you will receive acupuncture, begin to change your diet so as to eat seasonally, and take specific herbs and remedies to help your body overcome any other barriers to healing.
There are many reasons to take Chinese herbs. These include:
- Killing bacteria or viruses.
- Encouraging the healing of chronic illnesses like gastrointestinal disorders, respiratory disorders, seasonal allergies, lowered immune system, infertility, and more.
- Assisting the body in naturally balancing hormones like cortisol, insulin, testosterone, or estrogen.
- Strengthening the body’s natural healing ability and encouraging recovery.
- Decreasing symptoms of stress or anxiety.
- Reducing symptoms that appear “unexplained” or “unrelated” to your health condition.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Achieving balance in the human body.